Sunday, October 5, 2014

Allocate time to queue/walk

I'm the sort of traveler who prefers to plan for my own itinerary whenever I travel. It gives me the flexibility to choose where and when to visit the place without needing to follow a tour group. However, during my first trip to Europe, I learnt that you must allocate queue time especially for popular tourist attractions.

During my amateur itinerary planning days, I had timings on when to wake up, have breakfast, time to reach each of the locations and etc. I still remember my husband saying "I only have half an hour for breakfast?! What if I need to go to the toilet after??". Haha...The trip finally came and obviously, all the timing was off!! That was because I totally forgot to consider the duration to queue or search/walk to the location. Accumulation of 10-30 minutes of walking/queuing could set the itinerary to go haywire. :P We even needed to queue up for 45 minutes to get up to the Eiffel Tower! Due to that, we had to skip one or two art museums. Oh well...we can't cover everything that we planned for, can we? 

Conclusion, make sure you allocate enough time to queue/search/walk to yr destination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment